Volleyball is on! However, it is essential players follow the guidelines in order for community sport to continue.
As always, please take the time to read the latest list of Covid-19 locations from NSW Health and do not attend any SNV event if you have visited these locations in the previous 14 days.
Service NSW COVID Safe Check-in
It is anticipated that ALL venues used by SNV will be requiring everyone to check in via the Service NSW Covid Safe Check-in QR Code. Whilst we recommend downloading the app in advance for the quickest possible check in, it is also possible to check in using the QR code and completing the web form. For more information please see the Service NSW website.
You can read the latest Covid update from Sport NSW on their website.
Despite the easing of some restrictions SNV will not be allowing spectators for the 2021 Summer season. This is due to the requirement for spectators to fit within the number restrictions of each venue and to remain physically distant outside of household groups. The SNV Board will revisit this policy when there is further easing of restrictions, particularly regarding the number restrictions at venues.
Whilst we are very enthusiastic about being able to provide volleyball opportunities we do acknowledge things are not quite as they were, with additional rules and safety regulations in place. We need everyone to play their part in keeping our community safe and able to continue the resumption of activities. Below are the expectations of anyone attending SNV activities, although they may become more or less restrictive as government and venue guidelines change and may vary somewhat from venue to venue.
IN THE VENUE
- Comply with the requirement to use hand sanitiser (supplied) before the session, during time outs, drink breaks or change of ends and after the game/session
- No spectators
- Check-in via the Service NSW COVID Safe Check-in on arrival & ensure names on score sheets are 100% accurate and legible
- Remain 1.5m from others wherever possible, including placing your belongings 1.5m apart, bench players sit 1.5m apart, duty scorers sit 1.5m apart etc
- Limit use of communal facilities as much as possible, there will be toilets but may be no change rooms available
- Refrain from team huddles, high fives, handshakes, kissing, hugging and any other physical contact
- Do not share personal equipment such as whistles, tape, scissors, towels, shirts, food or drink. No food or drink apart from water allowed in the venue.
- In line with NSW Health, we recommend the wearing of a mask whilst doing duty
- Do not use spit or sweat to wipe anything, including shoes
- Sneeze or cough in to your elbow, avoid touching your face
- Warm up and match balls should be cleaned with wipes before and after the warm up/game (wipes supplied)
- Referee stand & scoring equipment should be wiped down between games
- Pens will be supplied as usual and should be wiped between games, however you are encouraged to bring your own
- Do not attend if you are unwell
- Do not attend if you have been in contact with a confirmed case of Covid-19 in the past 14 days or if you have been advised to self-isolate by NSW Health
- Agree to a temperature check on entry if requested by the venue or SNV
- Comply with all current government & venue regulations regarding public health orders and advice
Advise SNV as soon as possible if you become unwell with flu like symptoms or have a positive Covid-19 test within 14 days of attending any SNV event
Looking forward to seeing you all back on court soon!