SNV is seeking players for Under 19’s and Under 16’s teams, both male & female, to represent SNV in the Sydney Volleyball League (SVL) at both advanced and development / beginner levels.
Who is eligible?
You need to be turning 18 or younger in 2017 to be eligible to play. All eligible players are encouraged to try out regardless of experience level – if you aren’t quite competition ready you may be offered a “training only” spot for this year and progress to a team next year.
What does the SNV Junior Program involve?
- Attending weekly training on Tuesday or Thursday nights from 6:30 – 8pm most likely at Sydney Olympic Park Sports Halls from April to September (final dates and venue to be confirmed)
- Participating in the Sydney Volleyball League competition which is generally held on Sunday mornings from May to September, at Sydney Olympic Park. This includes playing and undertaking duty for games. If you are not available for games on Sundays this program will not suit you, please email [email protected] for alternatives.
What does it cost?
Sydney Volleyball League (SVL)
* We hope to keep the cost for training & games close to 2016 prices of $275 for the SVL season, finals costs will be confirmed once court bookings and team numbers are confirmed
* Membership to Sydney North Volleyball and FULL membership with State Volleyball NSW is compulsory to play SVL. The cost will be $70 and includes your player insurance.
* SNV Bike pants for women and shorts for men are required to be purchased to play in SVL, cost will be no more than $30
* SNV playing shirts may be purchased for $50 or borrowed
* SNV also has a range of merchandise including track pants, hoodies, backpack and sporting bags that can also be purchased. Further information look on SNV website http://www.snv.org.au/snv-merchandise-for-sale/
When are trials?
Junior Women 6:15 – 8pm
Tuesday February 28th
Thursday March 9th
Tuesday March 14th
Junior Men 6:15 – 8pm
Thursday March 2nd
Tuesday March 7th
Thursday March 16th
How do I try out?
- Ensure you have your parent’s permission to attend
- It is highly recommended that you attend all 3 trials
- The cost per trial is $10 and can be paid in cash on the night/s
- The trials will be held at Sydney Olympic Park at the Sydney Olympic Park Sports Halls located at Grand Avenue, Sydney Olympic Park from 6:30 – 8pm. The sign up and payment desk will be open from 6pm so please arrive in time to pay & sign in so you are dressed and ready to play for a prompt start at 6:30pm.
- Older, more experienced juniors are encouraged to also try out for senior teams.
If you are interested and able to commit to the training and competitions for the year please complete the RSVP form.
If you have any further questions please email [email protected]